• Login
NORVANREPORTS.COM |  Business News, Insurance, Taxation, Oil & Gas, Maritime News, Ghana, Africa, World
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Political
  • Economy
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Aviation
    • Banking & Finance
    • Energy
    • Insurance
    • Manufacturing
    • Markets
    • Maritime
    • Real Estate
    • Tourism
    • Transport
  • Technology
    • Telecom
    • Cyber-security
    • Cryptocurrency
    • Tech-guide
    • Social Media
  • Features
    • Interviews
    • Opinions
  • Reports
    • Banking/Finance
    • Insurance
    • Budgets
    • GDP
    • Inflation
    • Central Bank
    • Sec/Gse
  • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Entertainment
    • Travel
    • Environment
    • Weather
  • NRTV
    • Audio
    • Video
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
NORVANREPORTS.COM |  Business News, Insurance, Taxation, Oil & Gas, Maritime News, Ghana, Africa, World
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Chelsea Value Enzo Fernández at £120 Million as Alonso Praises Midfielder’s Focus

2 hours ago
in Business, Editor's pick, Features, highlights, Home, home-news, latest News, Lifestyle, Sports
2 min read
0 0
0
LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 15: Enzo Fernandez of Chelsea reacts during the pre-season friendly match between Chelsea and Real Sociedad  at Stamford Bridge on August 15, 2026 in London, England. (Photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)

LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 15: Enzo Fernandez of Chelsea reacts during the pre-season friendly match between Chelsea and Real Sociedad at Stamford Bridge on August 15, 2026 in London, England. (Photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)

6
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
  • Chelsea Value Enzo Fernández at £120 Million as Alonso Praises Midfielder’s Focus

Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso has backed Enzo Fernández amid continuing speculation over the midfielder’s future, insisting the Argentina international remains fully focused on preparations for the new Premier League season.

Fernández has been linked with Manchester City, although no formal bid has yet been made for the 25-year-old, who Chelsea reportedly value at around £120 million.

Speaking ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League opener against Fulham on Monday, Alonso praised Fernández’s quality, attitude and integration with the squad after returning to training.

“Enzo is a Chelsea player. He’s a top, top player. He’s training really well since he started 10 days ago with the team, very integrated,” Alonso said.

“We’re happy with him and he’s getting ready for Monday.”

The comments offered public support for Fernández but stopped short of providing an unequivocal guarantee over his longer-term future at Stamford Bridge.

When asked directly whether the midfielder had told him he wanted to remain at Chelsea, Alonso avoided confirming that such an assurance had been given.

RelatedPosts

Capital Alone Will Not Save Ghana’s Banks: Dr Atuahene Warns Governance Must Anchor BoG Reforms

Understanding Shariah in Context  

Weak Banks, Rising Government Debt and Delayed Action Amplified Ghana’s Financial Crisis — Dr Opoku-Afari

“He’s training really well, good attitude and that’s what we want. He’s trying his best to prepare for the kick-off of the Premier League,” he said.

That distinction will do little to completely end speculation. Chelsea’s reported £120 million valuation would make any prospective transfer an exceptionally expensive deal, giving the club significant leverage if Manchester City eventually converts its interest into a formal approach.

For Chelsea, Fernández remains one of the most technically important members of the midfield. His passing range, ability to dictate possession and capacity to operate at different depths give Alonso several tactical options as he shapes the team for the season ahead.

The manager’s immediate priority appears to be keeping the player focused on football rather than allowing transfer speculation to dominate preparations for the opening fixture.

Alonso’s decision not to directly answer whether Fernández had personally committed his future to Chelsea, however, means the possibility of a move is unlikely to disappear until the transfer window closes.

The situation leaves Chelsea balancing two considerations. Fernández is regarded as an important first-team player whom Alonso clearly values, but a sufficiently large offer could force the club to consider the financial and sporting merits of a sale.

Manchester City, meanwhile, would have to decide whether the midfielder represents enough of a priority to meet a valuation approaching the upper end of the transfer market.

For now, there is no bid, and Alonso is treating Fernández as part of his plans.

The Chelsea manager also expressed satisfaction with the club’s wider transfer activity, suggesting he believes the squad has developed the right combination of talent and experience.

“I’m really happy. I think we’ve made many right choices. Good balance in terms of quality, personality, maturity, different stages of career. We are in a good position,” Alonso said.

That confidence will be tested when the Premier League campaign begins against Fulham.

For Fernández, the opening fixture also provides an opportunity to shift attention away from speculation about his future and back towards his role on the pitch.

Chelsea’s position, at least publicly, remains clear: Fernández is their player, Alonso rates him highly and he is preparing to start the season.

Whether that remains the position when the transfer window closes will depend largely on whether Manchester City decides to move from reported interest to an offer substantial enough to test Chelsea’s resolve.

Tags: ‘Enzo Is a Top Chelsea Player’ — Alonso Plays Down Fernández Exit TalkAlonso Keeps Enzo Future Open but Says Argentine Is Ready for Premier League OpenerChelsea Value Enzo Fernández at £120 Million as Alonso Praises Midfielder’s FocusManchester City Interest Lingers as Alonso Insists Enzo Remains Fully Focused on ChelseaXabi Alonso Backs Enzo Fernández as Chelsea Midfielder Faces Manchester City Interest
No Result
View All Result

Who we are?

NORVANREPORTS.COM |  Business News, Insurance, Taxation, Oil & Gas, Maritime News, Ghana, Africa, World

NorvanReports is a unique data, business, and financial portal aimed at providing accurate, impartial reporting of business news on Ghana, Africa, and around the world from a truly independent reporting and analysis point of view.

© 2020 Norvanreports – credible news platform.
L: Hse #4 3rd Okle Link, Baatsonaa – Accra-Ghana T:+233-(0)26 451 1013 E: news@norvanreports.com info@norvanreports.com
All rights reserved we display professionalism at all stages of publications

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Aviation
    • Energy
    • Insurance
    • Manufacturing
    • Real Estate
    • Maritime
    • Tourism
    • Transport
    • Banking & Finance
    • Trade
    • Markets
  • Economy
  • Reports
  • Technology
    • Cryptocurrency
    • Cyber-security
    • Social Media
    • Tech-guide
    • Telecom
  • Features
    • Interviews
    • Opinions
  • Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Travel
    • Environment
    • Weather
  • NRTV
    • Audio
    • Video

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
NORVANREPORTS.COM | Business News, Insurance, Taxation, Oil & Gas, Maritime News, Ghana, Africa, World
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.